AN ACCURSED MESSAGE
1. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ. Galatians 1:7.
2. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ, and therefore the teller of this message is telling a lie. Proverbs 30:4-6.
3. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and is a subtle way of calling God a liar. l John 5:10.
4. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ by adding man's righteousness as a condition of salvation. Isaiah 64:6.
5. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and is in reality the preaching of a religion that will not save. I Corinthians 1:17.
6. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and is a message that causes the lost to be blinded to the truth. II Corinthians 4:4.
7. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and causes saved persons to become confused. Galatians 2:13; I Corinthians 1:10; I Corinthians 15:11.
8. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and keeps the true Christian from a clear witness. Galatians 2:16.
9. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and brings persecution to the preacher of the true message. Galatians 5:11.
10. An accursed message is a perversion of the gospel of Christ and is in reality the preaching of a religion that will not save. l Corinthians 1:17.
Most Christians are not aware of how serious it is to add to what Jesus Christ has finished! It is the difference between whether or not a person is saved. It is the difference between heaven and hell.
The salvation that God has provided through Jesus Christ is by grace. "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8,9)." Acts 15:11 says, "But we believe that through the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved." Eternal life is not received by, attained by, or kept by a person's works, conduct or behavior. We are saved by grace through faith.
Grace by definition excludes all works. "And if by grace, then it is no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace; otherwise work is no more work (Romans 11:6)." One work added to grace would render it no more grace. If you were to add one drop of poison to a glass of pure water, it would render it no more a glass of pure water: but a glass of poisoned water. The gospel of the grace becomes poisoned when just one human work is added to the plan of salvation.
THE GRACE TEST. What is the grace test? This is an easy way of testing whether or not you have the true message of the gospel as it is given in the Bible. You simply ask, "Did Jesus pay for all my sins on the cross?" or "Do I have to do something or not do something in order to gain my salvation?"
If you have to do anything at all to be saved, then you have failed the grace test. You will stand before God on the basis of your works (Your righteousness] which are filthy rags in the sight of God (Isaiah 64:6). You will not be saved.
This is real serious business! God warns about adding or subtracting from what He has said in Revelation 22:18,19. Salvation is the gift of God (Romans 6:23).
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.