Also, when a person is LOOKING at something, you have a better chance of explaining it without being interrupted.
The "visual aid" gesture, pictured step-by-step below, has been found EXTREMELY VALUABLE in making the plan of salvation clear and understandable to the lost - especially on the point that the Lord Jesus Christ has made a complete payment for sin.
1. Let this hand represent you and me.
2. Let this represent sin. We all have sin on us. (Rom. 3:23)
3. God loves us. (John 3:16)
4. But He hates our sin.
5. Our sin separates us from God. We cannot get rid of our sin by our good works. (Isa. 59:2; Eph. 2:8, 9)
6. If we pay for our sin, we will have to pay for it by death and hell. (Rom. 6:23)
7. Let this hand represent the Lord Jesus Christ. He had no sin. He was perfect. (II Cor. 5:21)
8. Christ voluntarily took our sin upon Himself. (I Pet. 2:24)
9. He paid for our sin by dying in our place on the cross. Our sin is no longer on us, because He took it and paid for it. He gives us His righteousnes. (II Cor. 5:21)
10. You can know you have eternal life when you by faith accept that payment Christ made for you. (I John 5:13)